Superdrive keeps waking up my MB

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Spandexman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Spandexman macrumors regular

Hi, I've got a white macbook from mid 2006, and whenever I close the lid, it spends about 20 seconds getting quieter and quieter and quieter, and then just as it goes to sleep, the CD drive makes an eject noise and it wakes up again. This repeats ad nauseum. If I open the MB after it does this, it just has a black screen until it tries to eject a CD again and then it is fine. I've had to just turn the screen off and leave it open so I can sleep! It was doing this about a year ago, but I thought it had gotten over it. Anyone had the same problem or know what I could do? I've not got a CD in it.

2. Spandexman thread starter macrumors regular

Anybody have any suggestions as to what I could try to fix the issue? My apple care ran out last year.

3. urafoolnz macrumors newbie

Me too, it is driving me nuts. I've tried resetting the SMC or whatever it is, and nope. Tried leaving a CD in there, and nope. My next idea is to bash it against a wall... And just like you, it happened for a bit, then for a few months it was ok again, but now it's started up again and it just goes nuts spinning itself awake, then back to sleep then 3 seconds later same cycle...

I've been searching for ages for anyone else with this issue...did you manage to resolve yet?

4. Jay S. macrumors newbie

Check your bluetooth modules. These are symptoms of a bluetooth issue older macbooks have. Does your bluetooth ever say unavailable in the upper right corner of the screen. You can take your keyboard off and reroute your bluetooth cable to fix the issue.