Superdrive not reading burned CD-R media -.-

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Remzin, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Remzin macrumors newbie

Ok, so I have a data disk (important files) just burned it in Windows using a legit copy of PowerISO (I just like the functionality) and when I reboot into OS X, my superdrive won't even take a look at it. I spins up, then clicks off instantly. This is a serious issue as I had to reinstall windows and lost all those files. So is there any workaround or fix for this?

HALP! :X

2. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Did you verify the burn and actually checked the files were visible before you proceeded? if not it may just be a bad burn.. only thing I can think to suggest is try a different computer and drive. preferably a proper desktop drive, they tend to read discs better.

3. Remzin thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. I verified the disk. It actually worked the few times I put it in the drive. After taking it out and leaving for.... 10 minutes iirc, I put it back in, and it clicked off.

Also, this seems to happen after I put in my Diablo disks. If I don't do that for a while, it works like a charm.

But, the original Leopard install disk (1 & 2) work just fine, and they have a lot of scratches on them (not enough to say they're unusable) to the point where a newly burned disk should never have this problem...

-.-"

Ok, so I just burned a new disk, just some random files that I compiled into an ISO, with Disk Utility. It verified it. Now it won't work...

This is driving me crazy >.<