Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jondob

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
Have had my macbook 13 inch 2011 for about a month now.

Sometimes when I go to burn a cd i put the cd in but it doesnt grab the cd it doesnt even work..

When I go to reset the computer I can hear the drive put it self back in place, then once the comuter is back from restart it will take the cd in...

Not a huge deal but kinda annoying when I have to retart everytime..

Is there a reason why this is happening?

jondob

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
I would contact Apple and they will replace the SuperDrive under AppleCare.

I don't really wanna go through all that hassle just for that...

The superdrive works fine and everything. Just a few times now it wouldnt bring the disk into the drive unless I restarted it..

I'd rather figure out the problem, I don't use the drive enough to be without my computer IF they even were to replace it.

jondob

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
I just went to put another cd in and it wont take the cd at all.... It seems to reset itself when I restart though, but then only works once before it stops working...

Is there anything I can do here?

jondob

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
It seems now it wont take the cd at all... When I restart I do hear the drive kinda setting back in place but the cd doesn't even go in it now...

I burned a DVD today but now its not even taking the cd in...

What should I do

Swisha31

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2011
people aren't answering you because you should just do what the other person suggested. stop being stubborn and take it into apple care

jondob

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
people aren't answering you because you should just do what the other person suggested. stop being stubborn and take it into apple care

There could be other reasons its only working after a restart... That's why I was looking for another answer besides one reply...

So unless you have no input be on your way..

What if I needed my computer and couldn't have it gone for a week for some ****** superdrive...

It's pretty pathetic I pay 1000+ for this Macbook, and a month later the cheap ass cd drive fails.

jondob

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
I have a skin con the bottom of the macbook. They're going to have to take it off to replace the cd drive... Should I ask for them to reimburse me for the 25$ that skin was?

I think I should get that money or a replacement.. It's not my fault they have to replace the drive and take my protective skin off.

Swisha31

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2011
There could be other reasons its only working after a restart... That's why I was looking for another answer besides one reply...

So unless you have no input be on your way..

What if I needed my computer and couldn't have it gone for a week for some ****** superdrive...

It's pretty pathetic I pay 1000+ for this Macbook, and a month later the cheap ass cd drive fails.

it's pretty pathetic that you aren't taking the advice that you obviously don't wanna hear but NEED to hear. if there was another reason for it, someone would have helped you BY NOW. but you know what, nobody has. so how about you be on your way, to the damn store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.