Superdrive On The Fritz?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SubaruNation555, Nov 8, 2009.

1. SubaruNation555 macrumors 6502

I am having trouble getting any DVDs to burn on my 2.2GHz SR MBP. I have tried using Toast as well as the Finder and I keep getting an error message. I have tried restarting the computer and trying a different brand of DVD. The drive can read DVDs just fine but I can't seem to burn anything successfully. This happened several months ago but went away when I retried burning the disk. Any suggestions? Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UPDATE: after wasting an hour of my day and 8 DVDs it finally decided to burn properly. I've had the worst luck with Apple DVD drives...

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

So have I, my iMac one has never worked well... Superdrives aren't that pricey though, I'd take it in and get it checked out.

3. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

I used to get the same error on my uMBP. It would burn CD's fine, but not all DVD's. The Apple Genius used compressed air, and it started working again.

4. dontlookback82 macrumors newbie

I have got the same problem. Did you have to pay for Apple to get it sorted with the compressed air?

5. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

That is one of the many problems I had with my iMac. At one point it couldn't burn DVDs or CDs, then it could burn just CDs, then it couldn't read CDs, only DVDs, then it all worked for a while, then it would only play DVDs and burn them, and the process goes on...