Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paolo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2001
The Moon
what!?

Why woudn't it be able too??? I have a superdrive in my iMac and I can do anythign with it.... infact I thought all burners can do 700mb cds...

Your new arn't you?

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Easy there, Paolo. It doesn't hurt to ask, unless you get all over someone like that. :rolleyes:

I think all Combo Drives/Superdrives installed on PowerMacs/iMacs support 700MB CDs, as well as DVDs, etc.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
bully tactics Paolio :D

lay off, I gope when you get a problem nobody helps you

kaltsasa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2002
Kellogg IA
the super drive most certainly does support 700 meg cd-r's and the like, its all i use. The only issue i've seen with them is that if you burn an audio cd, some older cd players that will play 650 MB Cd-r's will not play 700 meg ones.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Re: what!?

Originally posted by Paolo
Why woudn't it be able too??? I have a superdrive in my iMac and I can do anythign with it.... infact I thought all burners can do 700mb cds...

Your new arn't you?

Are you studying to be a diplomat? :D It's pretty evident from your smooth use of English and beguiling manner.

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2002
New York

actually I've been on this site for months now, but have yet to purchase a Mac, just wanna find out some general infromation before I fork over $5,000 for a system.

The reason I ask the Superdrive question is becuase the superdrive has not been upgraded since it made its debut in Jan of 2001. I know that my Sony CD burner from 2000 can't finalize 700MB audio CD-R, so I just making sure the superdrive could.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by TyleRomeo
The reason I ask the Superdrive question is becuase the superdrive has not been upgraded since it made its debut in Jan of 2001.
Actually it has, the first superdrive I believe was the A103 from Pioneer, they now use A104's.

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2002
New York
Actually it has, the first superdrive I believe was the A103 from Pioneer, they now use A104's.

Sorry about that, I know the speed of the burner hasn't improved in early 2 years, thats what made me think it was the same old superdrive. I'm sure the new 2003 spring Powermacs will unveil faster superdrives.

Paolo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2001
The Moon
Re: Re: what!?

Originally posted by bousozoku

Are you studying to be a diplomat? :D It's pretty evident from your smooth use of English and beguiling manner.

haha... real funny... are you studying to be a moron? it's pretty evident by you crap use of humor!

Paolo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2001
The Moon
Originally posted by TyleRomeo

actually I've been on this site for months now, but have yet to purchase a Mac, just wanna find out some general infromation before I fork over $5,000 for a system.

The reason I ask the Superdrive question is becuase the superdrive has not been upgraded since it made its debut in Jan of 2001. I know that my Sony CD burner from 2000 can't finalize 700MB audio CD-R, so I just making sure the superdrive could.

you've made 158 posts and you don't own a mac...... thats really queer... thats like joining alcoholics anonymous withou being an alcoholic.

Paolo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2001
The Moon
Originally posted by King Cobra
Easy there, Paolo. It doesn't hurt to ask, unless you get all over someone like that. :rolleyes:

I think all Combo Drives/Superdrives installed on PowerMacs/iMacs support 700MB CDs, as well as DVDs, etc.

well at least i gave him an answer... this was on the bottom of the list and most likely would have never been answered.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Not another wisecrack! Paolo just like your mother said, if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all. (Unless your alphatech then you are allowed, seriously)

Paolo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2001
The Moon
Originally posted by W-_-W
Not another wisecrack! Paolo just like your mother said, if you haven't got anything nice to say nothing at all. (Unless your alphatech then you are allowed, seriously)

hmm you should follow your own advise 'wise crack' i think my mother was more articulate than yours, because i thought it went 'if you haven't got anything nice to say, SAY nothing at all'

then again maybe my mum was wrong...hmmm

Paolo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2001
The Moon
Originally posted by W-_-W
The only thing your mother could read is "Free girls here".

look i'm not looking for a flame war... i'm just defending myself.

so untill you come up with a better come back, then just shut up... i'm interested in macs... not your mother!

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
>(bousozoku) Are you studying to be a diplomat? :D It's pretty evident from your smooth use of English and beguiling manner.

>(Paolo) haha... real funny... are you studying to be a moron? it's pretty evident by you crap use of humor!

>(Paolo) look i'm not looking for a flame war... i'm just defending myself.

That was in RE to: >(W-_-W) The only thing your mother could read is "Free girls here".

>(W-_-W) Paolo just like your mother said, if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all.

And yet what someone's mother said (as well as ALL the mothers in general) doesn't apply to you? Interesting...

Paolo, you say you try to defend yourself, yet you insult someone else. Is the best defense a poor offense? :rolleyes:

Paolo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2001
The Moon
Originally posted by King Cobra
>(bousozoku) Are you studying to be a diplomat? :D It's pretty evident from your smooth use of English and beguiling manner.

>(Paolo) haha... real funny... are you studying to be a moron? it's pretty evident by you crap use of humor!

>(Paolo) look i'm not looking for a flame war... i'm just defending myself.

That was in RE to: >(W-_-W) The only thing your mother could read is "Free girls here".

>(W-_-W) Paolo just like your mother said, if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all.

And yet what someone's mother said (as well as ALL the mothers in general) doesn't apply to you? Interesting...

Paolo, you say you try to defend yourself, yet you insult someone else. Is the best defense a poor offense? :rolleyes:

point taken... but hey all I was doing was answering the guys question.... then bang all you guys jump on me because you took my post as though I was trying to insult the guy when I was just kidding.

But hey I wouldn't call it a poor offence... and in doing that your trying to insult me anyway... so your advise is hardly worth a pinch of sh*t anyway

What is with this? why is everybody on this forum just waiting to jump on someones post and attack them!!!
Dog eat dog world I guess!

For the record I was kidding around in the first post... I'm passionate about Apple, I'm not interested in this crap of flame wars.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.