Superdrive sounding slow

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kalifa, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Kalifa macrumors newbie

I'm sure you all know the sound that the Macbook does when you start it up from sleep or something. Anyways, my problem is that that sound changed from what it was before. Now it's like a much slower and longer version of the sound I've been hearing before.

Do you guys think that it's some kind of malfunction? DVDs and everything run great but the sound is bothering me..

Oh and I have an early 2008 Macbook Pro. The drive is HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-10N.

2. Kalifa thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it okay for people to bump their threads in this forum because my thread is way on the next page and I haven't got an answer yet.. :(

3. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

The sound is from checking the drive state. It could perhaps be from dust and crap coming into the slot loading drive making the control process longer but if it works why bother with over-analyzing. If you have Applecare you are worry free for 2 more years.

4. Kalifa thread starter macrumors newbie

This MacBook is an embarrassment for me in class because of the horrible superdrive sounds it makes. I mean I tried cleaning the lenses and everything but it's not going away. :confused:

When I first got my Macbook Pro it used to make this quick "zzt" sound that it still makes in my Windows partition whenever it wakes from sleep. However, when I wake it up from sleep on my OS X partition, it makes this horrible sound that is going to make you cringe. I mean I'm sure that there's nothing wrong but maybe If I could reinstall the drivers or something for the superdrive and then the sound will get back to normal.

But I need someone who could help point me in the right direction. See, I'm not that good with all the technical stuff on Macs.

5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...if its a 2008 machine and still under warranty, just take it to apple and get it checked out = then you won't have to worry about it...