* superdrive woes please help*

Discussion in 'iMac' started by basslik, May 8, 2011.

1. basslik macrumors member

Happy Mothers Day everyone. Here's my problem, a CD got stuck and I took the Imac 7,1 2.0 DUO, apart to get it out. Was fairly easy, I did have to unplug the driver from the little wire snap on clip to be able to move si I can get to it, but I plugged everything be in, was a total of 4 wire plugins. Put everything back together and tried another CD and it inserted fine but it doesn't see the drive anymore, I tried resetting the PRAM but still no luck. Any suggestions, THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH.

2. basslik thread starter macrumors member

Help anyone please

3. basslik thread starter macrumors member

anybody?

4. maxinc macrumors regular

Try taking it out again and double-check everything. Look for bent pins / damaged connectors, maybe one of them is not seating properly.

5. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

6. basslik thread starter macrumors member

First off I want to thank you both for chiming in.
    1. nothing shows up on the system pro-filer, and everything seems intact, I stuck the install original disk after I put it all back together and the disk loaded smooth, but it didn't populate on the desk as usual?, I reset the pram and no help?
    Is there something I must do in the terminal?

7. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

If the drive is not showing up in the System Profiler than the OS doesn't see it. Not sure what to try. Maybe have Apple take a look at it.

8. basslik thread starter macrumors member

I'll open it up one more time and see if theres anything I overlooked?, thank you all