Superdrived CRAZY! Need help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by twistedlegato, Aug 5, 2007.

1. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I dont know what has happened.
    I am trying to burn some pictures to a CD, and when i pop in a blank disk it takes FOREVER for the blank disc to be recognized. Once it was, i dragged the pictures to the blnk disk folder, click burn...but i get an error. It wont work.

Then i remember i have Toast, so i boot it up, drag files, stick in the CD (takes forever to be recognized) then click the burn button, as is begins to "build up RAM chashe my drive starts buzzing and making a schreeching sound, it starts and stops then starts then stops. Then the disk stop spinning. Toast said it could not be burned.

Some notes, it is NOT the files fault.
    And it is NOT the CD fault, i tried multiple ones, all having the same outcome.

I need help, and i Am not covered by Applecare any more!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Have you tried different brands of disc? What sort of Mac do you have?

3. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

no i have not tried a Different brand, but they have worked before all the time.

I have a Macbook Rev. A.

I know it is not the disks fault it IS the Superdrive. But is there anything I can do...

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You could try resetting the SMC as a start... Dunno if it'll work, but it's worth a try. If possible, try another brand of disc to be certain it's not the discs' fault. Also, does the drive read regular commercial discs fine? How does it go booting from the OSX disc? :)