Superdrives not liking some CDs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Scorch07, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Scorch07 macrumors 6502

I got the Braveheart soundtrack for Christmas, but when I put i in my MBP (SR 2.2ghtz) the superdrive just makes funny sounds for abou 20-30s and spits it back out. A minute ago it was doing it to every CD, though this was all after I tried the Braveheart one. I restarted it and now it'll read other CDs it seems, though it does seem like it took a little longer to mount it than it used to, and it almost seems to be spinning a little more... violently... The laptop is actually kind of vibrating, which it didn't used to do... Has my superdrive gone wonky or does it maybe just not like that CD? The only thing that seems different about it from most of my CDs is that both sides are shiny; the printed side has very minimal marking, but I really don't see why that should make a difference.

2. Scorch07 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well... now that I ran a few other CDs through it, it seems normal. After the first couple I tried after restarting the computer it stopped vibrating so much and started loading them like normal. Now the Braveheart CD is ever working, though it seemed like it still took just a touch longer than most CDs. Eh whatever, maybe it was just a fluke.