Superduper and Shirt Pocket Site

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by merc669, Feb 20, 2008.

1. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

Have been trying to update Superduper to the latest edition now that's Leopard friendly. But the site has been down for the past few days. Anybody have a clue why? Also since I am a registered user of Superduper if I D/L it from VersionTracker or MacUpdate willl it maintain my registration or default to a non-paid status? Thanks!!

Bill......:apple:

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Their website is working fine for me, just went and downloaded superduper to check.

You can download it from vt or mu it went back to non-paid for me but I just re entered my registration details and it was fine.

4. merc669 thread starter macrumors 6502

merc669

Okay Thanks! Maybe it has some thing to do with Safari. Will try Firefox. I also tried to do the Auot-Update from Superduper and it failed also. So not sure what is happening. Thanks Again!

Bill.....:apple:

5. merc669 thread starter macrumors 6502

merc669

Well tried again and I cannot get to it from my house. I can get to iit from work. I have no problem with any other site from home where I am typing this. That includes all my normal sites. I do not go t the Shirt-Pocket site very often. Also the Application Superduper itself cannot get to the site. I tried MacUpdate but that leads to a link to D/L from the Shirt-Pocket site. So cannot even go that route. What would cause only one site to be blocked. I tried also on Firefox with no joy. Thanks!!

Bill.....:apple:

6. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

probably something up with your ISP DNS servers. Just wait a few days or something.

7. merc669 thread starter macrumors 6502

merc669

That is what Shirt-Pocket said after talking to them. They were and continue to be very responsive to the issue since their server also gets their e-mail. So they could not understand how they would get the email and not be able to get to it thru the Web. I did a Trace-Route and it appears to be a mess-up during the Hops between a Verizon Link and Comcast Link. It hits the Comcast in N.Y. and stops there. Not sure why other than Verizon/Comcast? Nice thing about having those utilities in your Mac Folders!! Hopefully it will resolve itself!

Bill.......:apple:

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

If you just need to get hold of 2.5, I can mirror the file for you?

9. merc669 thread starter macrumors 6502

merc669

Thanks for the help!! I am going to work here in a bit and will also see if I can get to it there. If so I will D/L it to my XP Box and then save to my stick. I have also responded back to Shirt-Pocket who like I said has been very responsive. I have the key and license info, so I assume that if I D.L the latest and install it all I need to do is reenter the license info again. Just beats me why I can go everywhere else and just one site is being blocked. Is there anywhere in the Apple Files that might do this? I have check Safari and Firefox for blocked sites which appears that neither has this? But that should not stop the Application from going to its own site to check for updates! Again, I am confused on this one.....

Bill.........:confused:

10. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

As long as you have your serial you can install the app from any source, then just pop in your details.

If you do need it, I've mirrored it here anyway. It'll be there for a few days.

11. merc669 thread starter macrumors 6502

merc669

Okay Thanks!! Will advise after I try this at work....

12. merc669 thread starter macrumors 6502

merc669

Okay. I tried this at work and I can get to Shirt-Pocket's site. I also tried it at home again on my Wife's XP machine. I can get to it from her machine. But I still cannot get to it from my MBP. What in the Mac would block getting to a site. All my other sites I have no problem with and there is nothing I can find in Safari or Firefox or even the Application "SuperDuper!" that would have andthing to do with blocking one site. Anybody have a clue where I should look? Thanks!!

Bill.......:confused:

13. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

14. merc669 thread starter macrumors 6502

merc669

Tried that. Also deleted the "plist" for both Safari and Firefox with no luck. I even thought maybe something in the Firewall and set it for both Open and Selected Apps. Again no luck. Is there something that could have been set in the Firewall Itself? And if so where would I check the rules for this? Its got me beat so far. And what;s worse is my wife's XP machine can get there.