SuperDuper! computer shutdown script stopped working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by shmerls, May 11, 2012.

1. shmerls macrumors member

shmerls

All of a sudden the "shut down computer" stopped working in SuperDuper! my mirror backup Mac Pro app after all files are copied. Been using SD for yrs problem free.
    The developer at Shirt Pocket, says he's never seen this before but advised it's just a simple AppleScript.
    Anyone have any ideas what could do this or where to look, like Console logs?
    Thanks
    Steven

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Make sure nothing else is running. Sounds like something is preventing shutdown (the script they use won't force anything to quit, just basically ask nicely :p). If you can't/won't do that, then you'll need to try to work out exactly which process is preventing shutdown. Console logs might help, you'd have to find the logs from the time that it was supposed to shutdown (you can just search for shutdown too, see if you see anything along the lines of "xx program prevented shutdown").

jW

3. shmerls thread starter macrumors member

shmerls

Thanks JW, I always quit all programs before running SuperDuper and don't have any running in the background. I also ran it again and when it did'nt shut my computer down again immediately started hunting the logs. Thare are SO many :(

Hard to know where to look. I tried obviously: system.log but didn't see anything. Did a search on "Super" and "SuperDuper!" (no quotes) but turned up 0 results!

I tried the same in other logs. Same thing. It's like SD isn't being recorded as running although its log shows a detailed report of activity. I must be looking in the wrong logs. Right?