SuperDuper! for a guest

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kirkafur, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Kirkafur macrumors member

I have a question about backing up to a network volume automatically.
    I have a shared hard drive hanging off my MacBook which is at home most of the time.

A friend of mine has a large amount of irreplaceable photos on her Macbook. She visits my house with her MacBook once in a while and I want to host a backup of her photos on my external drive. I gave Time Machine a try since I knew it would automatically perform a backup every time her Mac was on my network with no interruptions for her. However, because all I want is an accurate backup of what is currently on her drive, rather than an incrimental backup, SuperDuper would be preferable.

Is it possible to schedule a SuperDuper backup to run only when the target drive is available and not on a time increment?

2. nickweston macrumors member

SuperDuper

go to shirtpocket.com and hit up support, the developer answers all emails very promptly.

I'm a HUGE fan of superduper by the way...

3. dbwie macrumors 6502

or....

As a good friend, you can show her where to purchase an inexpensive portable USB drive to back up her powerbook, and show her how to purchase and use SuperDuper herself (which, by the way, I also agree is great software). :D

4. dbwie macrumors 6502