SuperDuper restore to new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by murdercitydevil, Apr 26, 2010.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

So I finally gave in, pulled the trigger, and upgraded my less-than-2-week-old i7 15" standard res glossy MBP to one of the same, but with high-res antiglare. Turns out the gray bezel actually looks pretty nice, and it was killing me knowing I could have a "real" 15.4" resolution but didn't. So anyway, that said, here's my question:

I made a full backup of my old MBP's disk with SuperDuper onto an external drive. I just booted from the external, and am restoring the backup onto the new MBPs internal drive. I chose SmartCopy, is that the right one, or should I have chosen "erase, then copy"? I ask because I'm not sure if it will properly get it back to exactly the way it used to be. Also, is this bad for the actual installation in any way? Thanks in advance!

2. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Thanks for all the replies. In case anyone else had this question, yes it works fine. The only settings I had to re-apply were tap to click and a few energy saver prefs. Everything else saved, down to the position of my widgets in dashboard.