SuperDuper update bugs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by applegrandpa, Oct 23, 2009.

1. applegrandpa macrumors newbie

To those using SuperDuper, it appears to have some bugs in the newest update version (2.6.2) and at least Snow Leopard.

It will not allow multiple scheduled backups, either by time, or by when drives are connected. SD will only backup the first drive, it ignores the rest of the drives. It will then sometimes post an error message and freeze the computer, you can not force quit SD, (attempting to do so is moot, nothing happens) and must do a hard shut down.

I've emailed to Shirtpocket about this but have gotten no reply.

For now I recommend you stick with your current version until this issue is resolved.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

3. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

No Problems

I did the upgrade and have no problems. I had to do the manual upgrade though...

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

Manual upgrade of SuperDuper?

5. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I have it set to check "Automatically check for new versions" and that didn't work so I had to manually check...

6. applegrandpa thread starter macrumors newbie

How often? You can set it to check weekly, daily, etc. When it check, it only tells you there's an update, the process is the same either way, DL the update software and go through the install procedure.

7. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

You are misunderstanding. First I am running the new version without problems except that it won't do the update check. It tells me that there is no internet connection. Funny as I am always connected. I have to check for an update by telling SuperDuper to check.

Originally Posted by surflordca \/

I did the upgrade and have no problems. I had to do the manual upgrade though...

Originally Posted by old-wiz \/

Manual upgrade of SuperDuper?