superglued iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dukebound85, Sep 20, 2008.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

so my iphone had a crack by the headphone jack and then on the opposite corner on the top by the power switch

decided to lightly apply some superglue as opposed to taking it back and exchanging it as otherwise the phone is great. i would think the superglue would prevent the cracks from propagating so i thought it was worth it.

doesnt look horrible but not great, still have to see a little hard to see where i applied it so thats good

anyone else superglue their iphone?

2. Amt macrumors regular

If the crack wasn't from you doing something to it... Apple would have replaced it. Not sure about now since you superglued it.

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

i know but an apple store is like an hr and a half from me and they may have not been as picky as i would have been if you know what i mean in terms of giving me a new phone as it is a cosmetic flaw at the moment

owell, if i get more, ill definitly bring it by

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, I would have taken it in and though you may have thought it a cosmetic flaw, there are thousands of iPhones that have been exchanged for that reason. Make sure that superglue doesn't get into the iPhone or the headset jack...:(

5. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

so tell me with this adapter recall, ill probably be heading to an apple store

you think they will exchange my phone for one without cracks? will they do so outside the 30 day period?

also, could i swap it out at att if i so decided?

6. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

If the cracks are visible and the glue is not, you're probably going to be able to get a replacement.

7. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

I think there's definitely some crack involved in gluing your phone. :D

8. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

depending on how much superglue was used it can typically be removed with a little acetone. nail polish remover used to work great but i think its been dumbed down over the years.

9. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

That is crazy, no I have not superglued my phone thank God. I wouldn't recommend anyone else do it either.

10. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

why would the presence of glue deny me a replacement if the cracks are still visible?