Supersmart playlists in itunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by loztheguru, Aug 27, 2007.

1. loztheguru macrumors member

Im not sure if this is possible, but I want to create a playlist in itunes that I can manually add tracks to, as well as taking say 10 of my top rated and 10 of my most recently added tracks. I cant seem to be able to do this, does anybody know of a script or way around this?

Thanks in advance

2. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

You can specify ratings, and/or date added, and/or other playlists as the source for a smart playlist. Any songs you want to add manually you just need to create a normal playlist that is pulled into your smart playlist. The rest can be done via the ratings and/or the date added.

I'm not sure if this is all the functionality you want but it could be a start.

Edit: After re-reading what you're looking for would probably be best served by 4 different playlists, one with 10 of your top rated, another with 10 of your most recently acquired songs (smart playlists), and one standard playlist for you to add to as you wish. Then a 4th smart playlist that uses the previous 3 as their sources.

3. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

I haven't played with them myself, but I'm sure there's something here that you can use or customize a little.

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/

Cheers.

4. loztheguru thread starter macrumors member

thanks kids, ill have a look at that. the first option seems to be the best but if that fails ill certainly check out the link!

EDIT: Yep, its worked a treat, my shuffle playlist looks much better now thanks

5. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

You learn something new every day! So is this what one might call "nested" playlists?