Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EgbertAttrick

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
I have recently begun having a problem with my supplied iPhone 3G headphones. When using, the microphone button does not pause, restart, or advance tracks in iPod mode. In addition, when I make calls with the phones in while having this problem, the microphone simply does not work, and no one can hear me on the other end.

The solution, thus far, has been to keep reinserting the phones into the iPhone until it properly recognizes the microphone/button.

I have duplicated this problem with three headphones.

Does anyone else have this problem (indicating potential software bug), or is this an effed-up iPhone?

EgbertAttrick

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
My first attempt to go to the Apple store for this problem was a waste of time, as they, of course, could not "squeeze me in" today. I hate going to the Apple store unless absolutely necessary. I guess I can just make an appointment for days from now, going miles out of my way. Just wanted to know if anyone had this problem before, and how Apple handles it. I certainly don't want to be handed a refurb....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.