Supplier for high-density LCD monitors (>135dpi) ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Arnaud, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Arnaud macrumors 6502

Hi,

I'm currently investigating options for high-density LCD monitors at my work.

We check daily loads of drawings and texts (in Intellectual Property), and often print documents out just to further see what they really are about. We use 21" screens with 1600x1200 which is already fine, but constantly zoom in and out or move the drawings around.

I'd like to get an idea about the prices and requirements of higher-density screens (130 or even 200dpi, for QSXGA or QUXGAW 3480x2400...), but I can't seem to find many of them, besides IDTech.

They should be available in Europe, although any name from the US might help as well.

Of course, the video cards should be changed as well. The monitors should be plugged to PCs (although I wish we used Macs...)

Any idea where I should check ? Any advices ?
    Thanks for any tip :)

Arnaud.

2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Well, with a little bit of hope, the next gen ACD's would probably have these. But that doesn't cut it for now. Else I would suggest go back to a CRT. I even looked at Eizo, but even they don't have anything like that.

3. Arnaud thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your comments.

However, I don't think the next ACD's will show (such) high-density displays, it's not a common need for the normal user. In the "normal" market, you only find higher-density displays on laptops, where there is a need for more info crammed on less space, and you end up with up to 100dpi for a 15" screen, or something like this.

I think the monitors I'm looking for are more oriented for a professional user, and more expensive as well. The only reference I found so far is from models of IDTech, but I can't get any answer from the company (in Japan): http://www.idtech.co.jp/en/products/index.html

If you have a look at the link, you'll get an idea about the products.

I don't really think I'd have more chances in CRT, btw.

4. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Those are nice resolutions, would like to have that in my ACD! But the only downside I see is that the brightness isn't very high. Good luck on your search and I will keep my interest in this thread!