Supply and Demand

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pacman7331, Jun 16, 2012.

1. pacman7331 macrumors regular

pacman7331

Do you think Apple will catch up with the demand for the Retina MBP?
    Or will it just sit at 3-4 week delivery estimate for months?

I thought Tim Cook was all about those supply chains...

2. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Depends a lot where the bottleneck is. If they are behind on getting parts like displays then it could be like this for a while. If they are just trying to ramp up production on a new line, it will be like this for a few weeks and start to improve.

Either way, I think it will be months before you see it as "in stock". Not only do they need to meet the current demand and orders, but also fully stocking retail stores.

3. malman89 macrumors 68000

It's all about pent up demand and under selling - I'd wager none of those 3-4 week estimates go 4 weeks, but that's just me. People will be glad to receive their laptops earlier.

4. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Agreed, but I also really doubt shipments will go more then a day or so earlier then 3 weeks.

My deliver date is currently Jun 29 - Jul 6 ... I am thinking I will get it around the 29th with a ship date of the 26th or 27th.

5. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

My laptop's estimate was June 21-25, but now that it actually shipped FedEx says it will be here on the 20th.

6. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

Apple is doing this on purpose. It makes it appear like RMBP's are in really high demand and selling out everywhere. This makes developers take note and update their apps quicker to accommodate the screen since they think so many people are buying them. :p

7. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Brilliant marketing plan. People walking into Apple Stores to buy one with money in hand and being turned away, that's real marketing genius. :p

8. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Looks like my predication might be correct :D

9. pacman7331 thread starter macrumors regular

pacman7331

Well i hope it doesnt stay like this. Hopefully by mid July the numbers will be stabalized and return back to 5-7 buisness day standard estimate.

One does wonder at this point if it would be faster to buy instore rather than online even tough instore is still unavailable.

10. Rmafive macrumors 6502

I bet by late July they should begin to catch up and we may possibly see "in stock" status around then.