"Supply has met demand"....in Ft.Worth

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marddin, Aug 1, 2010.

1. marddin macrumors 6502

I posted some stuff about walk in stuff this morning and didnt get much of a response but I just wanted to share this bit of information.

I went to the University Park Village Apple Store in Ft Worth this morning after calling and finding out they had iPhone 4's in stock for walk in's. I was chatting with the manager of the store because I was unable to purchase one because I ordered one online from ATT and used my eligibility. She told me not to worry and come back on monday after I had canceled my ATT order and regained eligibility because "supply has met demand." She assured me that they would have walk in stock for weeks to come.

Just thought I would share.

Martin.

2. Lotso macrumors 6502

Lotso

3. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

I was passing it on to the people "in my area"

4. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

For some reason, the same is not true in Los Angeles.

5. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

The same is true for the Pittsburgh area! They have tons of stock!

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

This is unfair. You guys need to send all your stock to other countries. We have a 1 month waiting list!

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I was able to walk-in to my Modesto, Ca Apple Store today around 3pm and buy an iPhone (the store was very busy, but I was still in and out in less than 30 minutes)

I was also told that supply would be no issue this week.

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol ok, we'll trade out att locked iphones for your unlocked ones!

9. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Martin, I hope what that rep. said to you was true, and they do get enough in stock to sell them in the store. My area of PA. said it was going to be a while yet.

10. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

Haha good point. At least yours don't cost $1000.

11. helloimD4NNY macrumors regular

"Supply has met demand" in Las Vegas too. On Thursday I randomly decided to get an iPhone 4 so I called my "local" Apple Store at Town Square to see if they had any in stock and they said yeah, but only 16 Gigs. Once I got there there were about 6 people ahead of me, some buying 2 iPhone 4's at a time. An hour and a half later I got mine.

Long story short, I saw about 15 iPhone 4's sold in the timespan of an hour and a half.

12. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yes they do.

13. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

The iphones in america cost $1000? Pretty sure I see price points of a found $299....

14. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

On a 2 year contract. If we're going to use price-on-contract then my phone is free.

Unsubsidised they are US$699 plus tax. And they're still locked.

15. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Apple just gave priority to their stores and sent them a lot of phones. Most AT&T stores still don't have walk-in stock and according to the AT&T thread, the BO wait for a 16GB is around 10 days and about a third to half that for a 32GB. Not exactly what I would call supply meeting demand. Not to mention all the other countries wanting phones.

16. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

We can get them for "free" sure, we still end up paying for it somewherr along the line.

I am not familiar with the US prices overall, I guess they have the upfront of $299 then the monthly prices?

True we do get unlocked, thats a necessity though if they want to sell on our country. Lucky us.

17. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

US Pricing is simple.

(16GB)

199 with 2 year contract
    399 early upgrade
    599 no commitment.

Then you have the data plan (25 for 2GB, new customers ) + your Text and Voice selection.

So we don't have an option to pay less for the phone for a higher monthly service. Closest thing to that would be pay a higher monthly rate (3 brackets of cost) to get early upgrade or full upgrade price faster.

18. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

And they have to pay for incoming calls and texts. YACK!

19. iTouch macrumors 6502

That's strange. I called several Apple stores and they all had them. I went to the Grove because I wanted the Cheesecake deal. The Apple store had a couple of dozen behind the counter.

20. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

Ahhh ok so the 599 is the equivalent of our "outright" price, except our outright price will normally include an unlocked phone hehe. 25 for 2gb is ok, better then here, its 20 aus for 1gb I think.

I know, right! That makes absolutely no sense to me, and I would be outraged by it to be honest. Paying to receive calls, my god.

21. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

That's why pay as you go isn't popular here. It's just more affordable to be on a family plan and have unlimited texts.

22. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

Oh so pre paid (credit based) only incur those fees?

23. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

No, that's the reason prepaid is insanely expensive. Especially with the plan choices, you are basically going to be spending more money being prepaid vs just being on a monthly plan. Plus the individual plans are crap too, so the only way to get plans are cheap as the rest of the world is to be on a family plan. ex. If you are on a family plan then you pay $30 a month for unlimited texting, so 30/5 = 6 dollar per person for unlimited texting.

24. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

The US monthly plans (about US$79 plus tax on average if I recall correctly) include a certain (very high) number of minutes of call time and messages.

You are still, however it's built into the plan, paying for something you're not doing. If I get 2500 messages a month for example, I don't want to be losing one because somebody sent me a message regardless of how many I get. Same with minutes, if I get 900 minutes a month and someone calls me for a 2 hour chat, why should I lose 120 of them for a call I didn't make.

They're very high numbers so the incoming calls/text payments don't really figure in peoples' minds but the principle of the thing is what I can't wrap my head around. You pay for something you don't do and the company gets paid twice and nobody bats an eyelid. Halve the numbers if you must but you shouldn't be paying for incoming calls and texts.

25. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

$30 a month? For 5 people? Farout! That seriously is fantastic! I pay $50 a month for my $1000 credit limit, combined family bills over here would be quite expensive. I take it those free texts etc are to people on the same provider only?

Chundles, completely agreed with you there.