Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
Has anyone went into an Apple Store / Best Buy recently and found that they have the 12" Macbook's in stock at all? I know everything around me shows sold out / back ordered online, but not sure if that's on purpose or they are really sold out still. I was thinking of picking one up before going out of town this weekend to see how I like it. I really am torn to keep both my Late 2013 13" rMBP (i7, 16gb RAM) as the 8gb of RAM just scares me...but at either rate, the 12" would be a great travel machine.

modernaccord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Seattle, WA region
All of the Apple Stores in the Seattle, WA region have at least some models in stock. I picked up the 1.2/512 in space gray, but they had the 1.1 and 1.2 in silver and gold, with no more space grays left (after the one I bought).

I believe the other apple store in my area had the space gray in 1.1 available with gold sold out. Just try all the stores in your area, I'd bet you'll find what you're looking for.

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
All of the Apple Stores in the Seattle, WA region have at least some models in stock. I picked up the 1.2/512 in space gray, but they had the 1.1 and 1.2 in silver and gold, with no more space grays left (after the one I bought).

I believe the other apple store in my area had the space gray in 1.1 available with gold sold out. Just try all the stores in your area, I'd bet you'll find what you're looking for.
Do they report as in stock online?

jettie1767

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Apple.com shows no stock at all for the Macbook within a 50 mile radius of my house. But, when I went to the Apple store near me, They had two golds and 1 silver so I bought a gold one.

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
I ordered a 1.1 Silver from Bestbuy.com on Wednesday and received it today. They do have them in stock for mail order, they just don't seem to be shipping them to stores.

I had to go this route - it's the wife's birthday and Apple shipping takes a couple of weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.