Supply of 6+'s in Stores on Release Day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EW800, Sep 14, 2014.

1. EW800 macrumors 6502

With all appearances looking like the 6+'s being in short supply (based on some pre-order status that we are reading about), it should be VERY interesting to see what 6+ supplies are like in the stores (Apple and carriers) on release day.

Predictions?

2. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Stores will probably have quit a few, but not enough to meet demand. And you have to be willing to be one of the first few in line.

I honestly wouldn't expect things to calm down till mid October at the earliest.

Try carrier stores. You'll be better off.

3. derekgroves macrumors member

The dilemma is this: Apple stores will probably have more stock, but higher count of folks in line.

Carrier stores less stock, but fewer folks in line. So it could be a tossup between deciding to do carrier store or Apple store.

4. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Apple store all the way. Hands down will have the most stock, but longer lines.

If you want one on release day you should be able to get one, assuming you are willing to line up and wait

5. 617aircav Suspended

I'm pretty sure if you are first ten in line you will get one. I don't think any store will have less than 20 of each capacity.

6. The Tos macrumors 6502a

I go and wait in line at carrier stores every year. Usually one of the first few in line. I cant imagine not being able to get a 6+ being front 5. But last year a lot of carrier stores didn’t receive any Gold phones on launch day. So we shall see. Either way I am not too worried about not getting a 6+ Friday.

7. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

I'm guessing small stores will get 5-10 phones. Much larger ones maybe 10-20 and the flagship stores 20-50.

8. 617aircav Suspended

Pretty sure they will get more than that.

9. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

I'll come back to this post Friday.

Are you lining up?

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

11. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

What makes you think this? Last year, the carrier stores (with very few exceptions) didn't get a single gold phone and the Apple stores received 1-3. Literally.

There is no indication that there will be any 6+ phones in the wild on launch day. If you absolutely HAVE to have it, you're best bet is to be first in line at the Apple store. Bring a pillow.

12. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502a

BoricuaHec01

I'm on the same boat, going to a low key Verizon store Friday morning. Hoping to obtain a Space Gray Plus 64GB.

13. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Really? During the 5s launch we received approximately 400 a the West Farms store which is a medium sized, very busy store in New England.

14. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

400 5s? How many were gold or silver? My store had hundreds but 1 gold and 10 silver. The rest space grey.

The silver and golds were the rare colors last year just as the 5.5s are this year.

15. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Very few gold iirc. Plenty space grey and silver models but we ran out of silver in the popular sizes (16 & 64) very quickly.

16. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I doubt big chain retailers will have a lot of them but you will not have to wait in a line as long as one at an Apple store and as early.

17. Nebrie macrumors 6502a

Keep in mind that China is not part of the launch party this year, and that iPhone 6s are pre-selling for over $5k over there right now. Expect lines flooded with scalpers.

18. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Bring donuts! :D