Supported SIM card not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MNFL, Jun 14, 2012.

1. MNFL macrumors member

MNFL

My friend have bought an iPhone from Zian, a supported mobile carrier company for iPhones in my country.
    I bought the iPhone from him, and installed my other own Zain SIM card into the iPhone. But it wouldn't work :( and gives No Signal.

Anyone knows how to deal with this issue guys?? it's been going on for long and my phone is simply useless, not being able to actually call with it.

thanks in advance

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Either it is locked to his account or it is locked to another provider in your country

3. MNFL thread starter macrumors member

MNFL

My Baseband is 04.12.01... i feel like i have to wait a year or so for an unlock to be available then :-|

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, sounds like its locked to another carrier.
    And currently there's no unlock for that bb version.

5. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

It's not even a matter of a current or future unlock- there never will be one unless an exploit along the lines of the SAM one pops up again. The Dev team will no longer develop unlocks, so..

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Never say never.
    Noone knows if, when, how, what might happen in the future.
    But it doesnt look good for an unlock right now.

7. MNFL thread starter macrumors member

MNFL

are you saying the Dev Team aren't even going to be working on this issue? :/
    why though?
    it's sad; many people are having the same issue.

8. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

They don't aim to take away profit from Apple. They are against it.. they developed the 1.59.00 baseband unlock before unlocked iPhones were being sold by Apple; after they were released, the unlocks stopped.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The SAM unlock came after a long long time when unlocked iphones were sold.
    You are posting lots of nonsense.
    They never said they will not put out unlocks neither anything about not taking profit away from Apple or other stuff you made up as you went.

10. MNFL thread starter macrumors member

MNFL

it's okay man

i really hope you are right though... my iphone is completely useless right now, in terms of being a phone :-|

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

May I ask which country you're in? According to Apple, Zain offers iPhones in Bahrain, Jordan and Kuwait, but they are only locked in Bahrain. Furthermore it looks like you can request an unlock. Are you sure that it's from Zain?

12. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

The SAM unlock doesn't unlock the phone! It only unlocks for a specific user so there's no reason for the dev team to be against that. Pod2g himself says that he is AGAINST SIM unlocking the phone.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The SAM unlock did unlock for any sim you wanted when it was open.
    And guess what, The dev team just put out a baseband downgrade update for the iphone 3G and 3GS in order to unlock them with full GPS capabilities.

14. MNFL thread starter macrumors member

MNFL

errr, it's kind of complicated. im not really sure where exactly he bought it from, but the phone had a Zain SIM card running on it perfectly.

I am in Saudi Arabia, here also we have a Zain Carrier. I tried visiting one of the Zain shops, but they're so dump, they didn't even understand my issue. They just receive unlocked phones from U.S. and sell it here i guess.

----------

ugh, so just 3 and 3GS? my iphone 4 work work then eh?

15. MNFL thread starter macrumors member

MNFL

done

aahhh screw it hahha

i paid $130 over my crappy iphone4 and exchanged it for a new iphone4S(unlocked)