supporting upgraded graphics

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by HarryWorksInc, Jun 10, 2010.

1. HarryWorksInc macrumors regular

I am looking to upgrade my applications graphics for the iPhone 4 but dispite spending quite some time looking for anything that could help me i have not been able to learn how to upgrade my graphics from 320x480 to 640x960.

Does anyone know how to do this?

2. boyplunder macrumors regular

boyplunder

If, like me, you originally created 320x480 graphics in PhotoShop, or whatever, you will be faced with creating new graphics at the higher resolution/size. I wouldn't just enlarge them, as they will get worse, unless your originals are in something like Adobe Illustrator, in which case you can with confidence. [Damn, I wish I had done it that way.]

3. HarryWorksInc thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I created my images in Illustrator and have created 320x480 pics but i want to understand how to tell an iPhone 4 to read the larger images.

4. Thomas Harte macrumors 6502

The documents related to iOS 4 are still under NDA. That said, the relevant thing to read is this section of the iPhone Application Programming Guide. It'll explain how you set views to work at a higher resolution and what you can do with files to ensure the phone loads one version of a graphic on low resolution devices and a different version on high resolution devices.

5. HarryWorksInc thread starter macrumors regular