Suprise, Suprise!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stanleywinthrop, Mar 22, 2009.

1. stanleywinthrop macrumors member

Well, I took my 8GB 3G back to the Apple store to get it replaced for cracks around the ringer button and elsewhere. In no time thanks to standard apple customer service I was walking out the door with a new Iphone. It happened so fast, I didn't really look the phone over. Well suprise, suprise, when I got home and connected to Itunes, I noticed they had given me a 16GB!

Do you think that when they discover my mistake Apple will ask for it back or try to charge me?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I'm jealous. I wish something like that happened to me. I doubt they would even notice they gave you the wrong one. But you should say something if you want to do the right thing.

3. lisheran macrumors member

i had that happen with my first gen i went from a 4 gig to an 8 gig which added on an extra hundred dollars when i sold it.

4. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

Isn't that illegal...bleh.
    It would be funny if this wasn't an accident, lol at apple giving you more then what you paid for :)

5. stanleywinthrop thread starter macrumors member

I live an hour and a half from the nearest apple store, so I'm not going to waste that gas just to corrrect their mistake, but if they call I'll work with them. Fedex, etc.

6. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Apple will track you down. Keep an eye out for black sedans with tinted windows and barcode number plates.

7. stanleywinthrop thread starter macrumors member

Are they VWs? :)

8. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

They may have been out of 8's. I wouldn't give it a second thought. Keep the 16. They had to know it was a 16 if they activated it in the store.

9. iNikon macrumors member

Why are so many iPhones getting replaced? Seems like a totally normal thing here. I see people talking about getting their third and fourth iPhone replaced, yet they say it's the best phone in the world. I don't get it.

10. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Really no different from people getting more than they ordered on refurb macs.

12. kolax macrumors G3

Might have been out of 8GB's and he gave you a refurbished 16GB. Lucky sod either way ;)

13. wildonrio macrumors 6502

I say tell them, since there is no way they will make you take it back. You'll just get rid of your guilty conscience but still get to keep the phone for sure. Lucky you.

14. aok1975 macrumors 6502

My situation was similar. Walked in with a first gen and walked out with a 3g G16

15. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Same here, my wife just exchanged her 8 gig for a 16 and apparently they never charged us for my wife's iPhone, just mine. So after looking over the receipt, sure enough they didn't charge us for hers. So we had to buy her 16 gig, I don't care too much because if I want something I should pay for it. It just makes me mad because we had that money set aside and after we got out iPhones we paid off the last credit card. So we ended up putting it on the credit card, we'll pay it off in 2 months. I rather have known about the mistake when we 1st got the iPhones. The people at at&t said they would have found the mistake and charged our bill.
    I know people make mistakes, it just aggravates me. At least they didn't charge us the re-stocking fee lol.

16. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Nice OP, what are you gonna' do with the extra 8GB? :p

17. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Suprise, suprise, suRprise, has two R's in it!