Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ziggo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I know the iphone isn't supposed to support A2DP however I was just chatting with my girlfried on my Plantronics 925 and I accidently hit play on the ipod part and sure enough I was stunned to here the staticy but clearly audible sounds of music playing.

I asked my girlfreind couls she hear it and she said no, then I paused and played again and we could both here it...

So what gives??

stevin

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
I hate to offer an answer when I'm not sure that I'm right.. but I'm pretty sure you ran into an issue that has been known since some time last summer after the 2.5G came out.

If you're already in a conversation or (i think listening to a voicemail) you can somehow trick the bluetooth to stream ipod audio over it, however its not A2DP its just regular mono bluetooth audio... you were using a plantronics 925 which is mono right?

Hope that answered your question... I'm pretty sure that the iPhone doesn't have A2DP (although I and about 10000000 other iPhone users will be very happy if I'm wrong!)

ziggo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Yeah your right, just tried it without being in-call and it didnt work, just dialed a random number to call and it started working again...

The funny thing is the quality is a little staicy at first but if you keep the music running it acually doesnt sound to bad...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.