Surely there is a more elegant way to display this menu

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by shenfrey, Jul 31, 2015.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

[​IMG]

It works sure, but every time I pull it up I can't help but think how giant these menus are getting.

2. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

It's like the hamburger menu Apple UX evangelists tell developers not to use. Perhaps they should relay that message to iTunes employees first.

3. manu chao macrumors 603

So which one of the functions would you remove completely or how would you organise and nest things differently? For example, one could combine the two 'Share' options and add a second menu after one taps a combined 'Share' 'button'.

4. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

Perhaps have a more confined category system, have a playlist section, a share section like you said. etc. I don't know exactly it's not my job to create UI lol, just giving my opinion. But I think menus within menus is a better way to go than one giant menu :)

5. hojx macrumors 6502

hojx

This is how it looks like in iOS 9 currently:

image.png

6. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

That's so much better. And wow they really rounded corners in iOS 9. Totally the opposite of wWndows 10 which is straight edges everywhere (which I hate btw).

7. tomekosiowy macrumors regular

tomekosiowy

It sucks becouse of labels-only scheme. We (users of visual-based systems) prefer ICONS!
    Go back to idea of: Amiga OS, NextStep etc.