Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
When you see what's required, you'll probably change your mind. That's what happened to me.

Dunno what it is about glue, but it makes opening a computer scary.
Yup - changed my mind :eek:

I watched the ifixit tear down video, that's clearly well beyond my comfort zone

Reactions: Renzatic

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
If it were sporting a quad core mobile processor, I'd be more willing to plunk down that much cash. It'd make it a comparable machine to the 15 MBP in both software capabilities and price.

That's the other thing I'm hoping will be improved with the SB2. If it has a stouter processor, and the tablet portion lasts longer on a charge, I'd be greatly, GREALTY tempted to pick one up. Though I've got to fight through the fact that I don't really need that much laptop, since my desktop does all the heavy lifting, and my light, tablety SP4 has done a great job of meeting my on-the-go type needs.

Man, I hate being tempted by cool stuff.

I feel like I have to be a little more tidy with the 128GB I've got in my SP4, but it hasn't ever become a limiting factor at any point.

Though if you ever feel like it is too little for you, you can upgrade the drive in the Surfaces, since they all use standard M.2 SSDs. The only downside is, well, it's not an easy thing to do. You have to be dedicated and utterly confident in your abilities to be willing to crack one of those things open.

Don't forget you can add memory as well via micro sd. I know on paper the speeds aren't like the included SSD, but in reality I've not noticed much of a difference unless I'm transferring a super large file. I've got a 256GB microSD card coming from Samsung from my Note 7 purchase which I'll probably use to augment the SP4.

Renzatic

Suspended
Don't forget you can add memory as well via micro sd. I know on paper the speeds aren't like the included SSD, but in reality I've not noticed much of a difference unless I'm transferring a super large file. I've got a 256GB microSD card coming from Samsung from my Note 7 purchase which I'll probably use to augment the SP4.

I've got a little 8GB MicroSD card in my SP4 right now. That Blackberry Storm I spent $300 on was finally good for something...

Reactions: spinedoc77

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've got a little 8GB MicroSD card in my SP4 right now. That Blackberry Storm I spent $300 on was finally good for something...
I wished the Surface Pro used a regular SD card and not the MicroSD. It would have made transferring pictures from my camera a lot easier.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Picture in picture on iPad?

Both do split screen

Not only split screen, but you can have more than 2 apps open. By dragging the app to the respective corner it will take up 1/4 the screen. I'm not sure if you can do more than 4, but even that is pretty awesome and trounces the ipad. Certainly with a regular window in windows you can do whatever you want, you can put up dozens of open windows at the same time if you like.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
OK so the current ad for surface shows a set designer drawing a theater set.

He put some details in then says my surface is great because I cant do this on a mac. (not exact words)

Ummmm you can if you buy a ipad pro and pencil.

ehm???

i cant either fly with my laptop but i can fly with my laptop if i buy an airplane. so, should i say that i can do anything if i just buy differend kind of devices rather than one device that can handle all?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.