Tablets Surface Pro 3 Users?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by vmflapem, Sep 19, 2014.

1. vmflapem macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I'd like to ask some questions to the current surface pro 3 users.
    I had the surface for 3 days and I had this overheating problem while I was watching a movie on chrome and then all of a sudden fan started running and the device was lagging like crazy. So I returned it because I felt like the device was going to crash on me one day.

In you opinion, how reliable is this device? Has it ever crashed while you were doing something?

At this point, I'm not sure whether I should get an ipad in October or go back to surface pro 3. I use it mainly in lecture to write some brief hand-written notes and I currently have a rMBP.

2. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Mine is very solid, no crashes. The fan will go off if you are doing anything intense, but mine never goes on if I'm web browsing or taking notes. It sounds like you got bad hardware.

Its a much different beast than the iPad though, especially since you mention you need to take handwritten notes. You may consider an Atom windows tablet, they run cooler and something like the Lenovo ThinkPad 10 has the wacom digitizer for writing.