Surface pro 4 or new zenbook

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by mtenuta, Apr 22, 2018.

1. mtenuta macrumors member

Hi guys. I wanted some advice on the surface a friend of mine is selling is fully loaded i7 16g ram and 512 md ssd. I know they still go for crazy money but I just bought an Asus ZenBook UX430 i5 8gen 256ssd 8g ram. I’m not sure if I should return it and pick up his surface. Both will suit my needs both will cost me the same. I’m just not sure what to go for and which will last longer

Thanks !

2. XxpikachuxX macrumors 6502

surface might have more support and better customer care, also there are microsoft stores and i bet more accesories for it too. asus is a great company but they dont really have that much going on right now

3. mtenuta thread starter macrumors member

I agree. But is it worth sacrificing speed for it ?

4. XxpikachuxX macrumors 6502

to be honest i dont think your are going to notice it. even iphones the speed is not that different. my iphone 7 was as fast as the 10 or 6s. im my opinion is all about optimization and i bet microsoft has better support for their own hardware. like mac and apple

5. mtenuta thread starter macrumors member

I understand thank you

6. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

Stay away from Asus......terrible support and cheap parts......

7. mtenuta thread starter macrumors member

I will I find a crazy dea on a 2 month old surface pro comes with all accessories going to pick it up today