iPad surface pro digitizer experience v ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rowspaxe, Sep 22, 2013.

1. rowspaxe macrumors 68000

rowspaxe

After trying a variety of stylus's on the ipad i gave up on digital note taking--until last night. I was in a Best Buy and stumbled on the ms mini store. I thought i'd see just how lame the surface was--and in 5 minutes i was totally blown away. The wacom digitizer has wonderful palm rejection and great pressure response. Yes the surface is a bit blocky, the type cover is only adequate, but used correctly this device is a student/designer dream. Of course the modern ui is lame--but i will be spending all my time in the "legacy" desktop--which is easily navigatable with the pen.

2. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

The Surface Pro is going to be refreshed at some point soon. Don't waste your money on the current Ivy Bridge version that gets shameful battery life.

OP you should really check out the Samsung Note 10.1. There is a refresh coming out this month, and unless you need a legacy Windows app, the Note 10.1 2014 edition is much better all around.

I share your frustration with the iPad though. I really Apple would release an "iPad Pro" with an active digitizer.

3. LostAggie macrumors 6502

The surface pro 2 announced today really has my interest. It is portable like an iPad but full computer power. It can even handle the PC games I like to play.

I am a big apple fan but this may tempt me back to windows.

4. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

As a 1st gen Surface Pro owner, I really enjoy mine, but it isn't without its issues. Battery life has left a lot to be desired and I was so invested in iOS through 3 generations of the iPad that I find myself discouraged having to buy the same apps again from the windows store - if they are even on the windows store that is.

I tried several applications and different stylus on my iPad before i gave it to my wife. Bamboo, adonit jot pro, hand stylus, etc. Its a shame Microsoft doesn't put more focus on One Note and the stylus with the Surface Pro because it is a completely different experience compared to the iPad. Even on the Galaxy Note 10.1, the experience is like night and day compared to the iPad in that regard.

While I use my Surface Pro every day, I have definitely missed my iPad on more than one occasion. Each one certainly has its pros and cons.

5. Cyloncat macrumors regular

Cyloncat

I have both the 1st gen Surface Pro and also the iPad 3. The Surface Pro is my preferred tablet for surfing, ebooks, and video, as well as note-taking (stylus or keyboard) and running a full range of desktop apps. There isn't any other stylus for any tablet that comes close.

The Windows 8 UI does have a lot going for it, but it does take more than 5 minutes in the store to get the feel of it. Multitasking is easier and smoother than iOS, and access to system or app settings as well as commands is very consistent across everything. The "snap" feature (showing two apps at once) is great. These are things that I miss when I go back to my iPad.