Surface scratches

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Z8beema, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Z8beema macrumors 6502

Z8beema

Anyone know anyway to get rid of small hardly noticeable surface scratches? The fact I know they are there bothers the hell put of me

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

3. Z8beema thread starter macrumors 6502

Z8beema

Ion x glass...Apple watch sport

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Where's the scratches, the glass or the watch body?

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You use a rubbing compound and buff them out.

If it is the watch body it would be hard to match the surrounding finish.

If so your choices are have the crystal replaced or whole watch if you have AC+ or put a screen protector (yuk) on it to hide the scratches. I would try buffing them out or letting a jeweler do it.

6. Z8beema thread starter macrumors 6502

Z8beema

It looks scratched in the right light at the right angle. Small issue I know but I know it's there. I do have apple care plus until but would rather wait for something potentially more serious to pay 80 bucks for a brand new one. I have looked into screen protectors and I personally am not bothered by them. I was looking at this one but if it doesn't hide the scratches What's ghetto point? Lol. Just not sure if it'll hide them but I'll probably buy it and see if it does. Anyone with any experience with this specific screen protector?

http://www.amazon.com/ArmorSuit-MilitaryShield-Protector-Anti-Bubble-Replacements/dp/B00UH3L82Y

7. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Bang it up some more so they even out and you stop caring. Then get on with learning how to stop stop worrying and love the watch. :)

8. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I have these scratches. Only noticed them in the glare of light. I had my watch only 1 week before they showed up. I'm not worried about them though. It's just a watch.