Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Hello,

I would like to get a cover/case which is like twelve south's surfacepad. I used to have this for my 4s, but it broke down very easily. It started to peel and was just not worth it.

With that in mind, I liked the style and how thin it was and some of the cheaper versions out there add some bulk. Are there any alternatives to the surfacepad for the iphone 5S? Or, has the surfacepad been improved since it's launch?

Thanks in advance!

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
Hello,

I would like to get a cover/case which is like twelve south's surfacepad. I used to have this for my 4s, but it broke down very easily. It started to peel and was just not worth it.

With that in mind, I liked the style and how thin it was and some of the cheaper versions out there add some bulk. Are there any alternatives to the surfacepad for the iphone 5S? Or, has the surfacepad been improved since it's launch?

Thanks in advance!
The Surfacepad was improved, a lot easier to remove if you made a mistake. However, the glue (or sticky) is on the entire back versus Vaja version it's only on the middle of the back, which is easier for removal without touching the glue.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Hey thanks for this - it's good to know. Does that mean the leather won't start to split now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.