Surge protector/power strip for overseas travel

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Gmouse, May 9, 2017.

  1. Gmouse macrumors regular

    Nov 12, 2014
    Lakewood, CO
    I'm going to Europe in June, and needing to get a small extension cord/surge protector/power strip device with some USB outlets (the 2.1 amp ones to charge anything) 50/60 Hz, 120/240 VAC that I can use to plug all my devices into so that I just need the single adapter plug for the wall socket.

    I want a small cord for it (~ 3 feet or so), so that it'll reach a short distance so I don't have to have issues with it being usable if a short distance away from the wall.

    Ideally, I can plug my USB devices directly into the USB sockets, and other things, like a MacBook charger would plug into regular 3-prong sockets on it (probably would want 3-4 of those.

    Any suggestions for this? I've been looking around on Amazon, but, it's pretty confusing with the hundreds of devices they have.

  2. AlliFlowers Contributor


    Jan 1, 2011
    L.A. (Lower Alabama)
    Part of it depends on where in Europe you're going. There are different electrical protocols.

    You might do best just getting a few adapters for whatever country you're going to visit.

Share This Page