Surge protector

Kriskris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
Hello,

Basically I'm looking for a 6 way surge protector that has a battery back up so in case of a power cut my mac still has a couple of minutes juice till the power kicks back in. I've seen these before but can't find one! Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

- kris

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Basically I'm looking for a 6 way surge protector that has a battery back up so in case of a power cut my mac still has a couple of minutes juice till the power kicks back in. I've seen these before but can't find one! Can anyone point me in the right direction?
You're not looking for a surge protector. You're looking for a UPS (uninterruptible power supply).

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
APC makes reasonably priced UPS devices. They have a wizard here where you can enter your devices and intended usage and it will help you determine what capacity UPS you want.

Bubbalicious

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2010
Hello,

Many thanks,

- kris

You're looking for an uninterruptible power supply. Can you list the equipment you'd like to protect and how much run time you want? I can make a few suggestions.