Surprise for AT&T LTE upgrader

Discussion in 'iPad' started by clyde2801, Mar 17, 2012.

1. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Got my 2012 iPad with AT&T LTE after spending a year with my iPad2 with AT&T 3g.

Upon signing into my wireless account on the iPad, there was an option to sign in as an existing iPad account owner. Doing so enabled me to transfer the remaining balance of my 3g account to LTE for no additional charge. I also have the option of going from 2 to 3 gb/month for an additional $5 after the current cycle is completed.

Logging onto account data on the iPad2 requires a new sign in, so presumably a new owner can sign on and use the 2 without requiring a new SIM card.

When I first bought my iPad2 a year ago, I swapped models with another 3g owner and both of us were required to get new sims from our local AT&T store.

2. plathunter macrumors member

We're you able to get your 2 gb with lte on AT&T . I am a postpaid customer and they switched my 2gb plan to the new IPad but couldn't add it wit LTE . So they created a ticket with the back office to have LTE added but if they can't add it by monday I am just going to exchange my iPad for a Verizon model so I can have hotspot access.

3. clyde2801 thread starter macrumors 601

clyde2801

That's what it's telling me, so I presume yes.