Surprise: iPhone Home Screen screenshot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deboni, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deboni macrumors member

deboni

Here's what happened, as closely as I can recall: I took some photos on my First Gen 89 GB iPhone; then I reviewed some of them, and the phone started getting balky; finally, it seemed to stall so profoundly that I tried to power cycle it with the power button and home button combination. But it came right back to me rather than powering down. So I continued to use it, and some time later, I was again reviewing photos. I found among my camera roll, a perfect screen shot of the home screen. When I downloaded this to my laptop, it had the name "IMG_0001.PNG". Get info reports the file as 116 KB (116,533 bytes), 320 by 480 with color space RGB.

This was surprising to me, as I've never heard that such a thing might be possible; on reflection, screen shots have always been part of the Mac OS clear back to the old days, so maybe it's just a feature that didn't get removed. Now I'm wondering how I did it, and whether I can do it again.

Anyone else out there ever experience this?

Tom

tomdeboni@mac.com

2. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Search please already been posted 1.35 million times

3. taran420 macrumors 6502a

u said it yourself, to take pics of your screen you hold the sleep and home button for a sec or so and you will have a screenshot of whatever you are viewing

4. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

OMFG No way!

Apologies, these repeat posts are just getting *really* old...

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Are you for real? If so, this is borderline insulting. Had you posted this THE DAY the phone came out, you *might* have had a shot at being the 10th or 20th person to discover it. But to come here and go on and on about your "find", over a month after the phone came out, is not only utterly naive, but a total dis to those who stood in line for hours on day one, came home with new iPhones and typed their fingers raw about what it could and couldn't do, and have continued to do so since. Your post assumes we've just been sitting around playing Super Monkey Ball. Oh wait, lemme guess, you're gonna tell us all about the App Store next...

Thanks buddy.

6. chadamorrill macrumors 6502

WHAT IS THE APP STORE???!?!?!111?!?!1/!?!

:D

7. BrunoMac macrumors regular

BrunoMac

8. gibbz macrumors 68030

Yeah, but what the OP didn't state is that only one of the iPhone speakers works!! :D

9. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Spend enough time on a forum, it's gonna happen. I'm surprised (since you're in the Demi-God range) that you haven't gotten used to this by now.

Relax. Go have a Klondike Bar or something.

10. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Welcome to MR! This is by far the most flaming, troll ridden, sarcastic community I've ever been a part of. I love it!

11. chadamorrill macrumors 6502

ONLY ONE SPEAJER WOR.... ok, I'm done... Sorry :)

12. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I'd email this to Arn, front page news I'd say.

(Really, not a good idea to post your email in a public forum)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.