Surprise OS X Release?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JNB, Apr 12, 2007.

1. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

OK, total WAG here, but...

Vista comparisons are absurd - Even if Apple hits the October announcement, it's still only 4 months delayed, as opposed to MS's 2-year delay, and that with the bulk of the architecture overhaul gutted.

Steve likes to surprise - more than that, he likes to drop stuff in our lap when we're NOT expecting it.

Apple recommitted to a June release of iPhone. That's some thunder they do not want to steal from.

Apple's delivering a beta, instead of "developer seed" at WWDC, per the news release. Semantics, but still using different language. Speaking of that release, is it just me, or did it seem a bit chatty? If I didn't find it on the PR Newswire site, I woulda guessed it to be a spoof.

So, where does this lead me?

I'm pegging August 14 - Septamber 18 at the release date timeframe of Leopard. Allows for the extra development/debugging breathing room, isolates the fanfare from iPhone by 60-90 days, and lets Steve have a "hey, we're shipping ahead of schedule" announcement, which Walt Mossberg and Time will eat up. Not to mention 90% of the MR regulars...

As usual, no warantee, express or implied, is made by this prognostication. Your mileage may vary. Ask your doctor prior to engaging in any upgrades.

Oh, and if I'm wrong, I'll... ...admit it, I guess. Not like I'll be alone.

2. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Maybe this could be a possibility but with software development you cant alwys say just how long it's goanna take they have to recomile all sorts of things, test things check things make stuff work and if one major component dies you need to do loads of fixes to the whole system and time can just fly by for developers when these sort of drawbacks occur.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Damn! And I thought there was a chance it would come this January...

4. JNB thread starter macrumors 604

JNB

Yes, I saw that on PR Newswire an hour ago. My post was in response to it. I didn't say the release was a spoof, I said it read like one.

5. RedDragon870503 macrumors 6502

RedDragon870503