Surprised by how many people switching phone sizes.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Sep 28, 2015.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

Seems like lots of people went from small to big and lots going from big to small screens. It's funny because I went back and forth when the 6 and the plus came out and ended with a 6 and about halfway through the year the 6 plus envy started and this time I ordered a plus and am wondering if I will have 6s envy. I love the gorgeous screen and the better battery but use my device a lot with one hand.

I thought people with the plus were pretty die hard but it seems like many did switch.

2. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I'm going + size this time-it will probably keep me from buying an iPad Mini which will save me $$$$.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Staying with the plus size here. The larger keyboard on portrait mode does it for me. The size of the 6S+ does not bother me a bit!

4. hutrebug macrumors regular

Quite a number of folks use their phones with two hands, especially those who previously were accustomed to the bigger Android phones.

Once you go big, you don't go back. Unless one-handed operation and pocket-friendliness are important to you.

I think a 5.0 or 5.1 inch iPhone with slimmer bezels will hit the sweet spot.

5. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Couldn't agree more.

Apple strategically came up with two models/sizes to maximize their profits. So many of us will be switching back and forth after one year.

6. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

My friends like to rub it in because I was all about the Plus last year but here I am singing praises for my new 6s (that I acquired after selling my Plus).

For some two handed operation is fine but I prefer the smaller screen for use on the subway, around town, fitting in the pocket etc.

I do miss the battery life but it is not that much worse.

7. Macalway macrumors 68000

if you switch sizes, you are at least getting something that looks different....a little.

For me, the s stands for 'smaller'. I'll probably go big again with the 7.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

But even the regular 6 is too big for one-handed use.

9. Cryates macrumors 6502a

Lots of people going from 4.7" to 5.5", and probably because after getting used to a slightly bigger size for the past year or so, they know it's only a matter of time before they are used to the 5.5" size.

I've been carrying the 6+ for the past year (and upgraded to the 6s+), and my wife's 6 feels tiny.

10. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

I switched. I had the 6+ for a year. I thought I'd miss the bigger screen, but I don't.

still testing batt. life though

I have a 6s now and i love this phone so much! <3

11. Stupotpot macrumors 6502

Stupotpot

I'm going from 6 to 6S+. My envy kicked in a few months after last year's launch...can't wait for the better battery...it's just taking forever to come (5-9th Oct).

12. hawon macrumors member

I was thinking about that but need an iPad for some iPad only apps that i need.

So portability won again.

13. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

I originally had a 6.

Wanted the bigger screen and OIS for the camera so I switched to a 6+.

Strangely since IOS9 came out I've been using my iPad Air more for browsing than my phone and picked up a sony rx100 for when I really want to take quality pics(there is no comparison from a mobile phone to a high quality camera). With the wireless transfer functionality it makes it super easy to transfer pics to my iPhone when the 6+ pics aren't good enough.

That being said, for a phone the 6+ is physically too big to carry in my pocket(pants/gym shorts) without it being distracting. I'd prefer to be able to use my phone with one hand as much as possible and with the + I find myself accidentally activating apps or swiping to the left/right/up/down etc.

If the right opportunity presents itself I'm going to switch to a 6S asap.

14. Akack macrumors 6502a

Stayed same from 6->6S. The plus model is too big for my liking, hard to operate one handed.

Would love to have a 5" with slimmer bezels though.

15. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

I agree. Same situation here.

The bezel just makes the 6s Plus too large for me, so I stuck with the 6 and now have 6s. Size choice is the same as choosing a phone color- it's all personal choice. Glad to finally see a thread with people listing pros and cons instead of slamming others who don't buy the same size as them.

Also I think whenever a new model comes out it makes a great time for people to switch sizes and see what they like best.

16. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I love one handed use and could totally use the regular 6 with one hand. That is the reason I stuck with it last year finally.

17. Cryates macrumors 6502a

If the 6 is too small for one-handed use, then you must have some very small hands.

18. Advil macrumors 6502a

same here. i don't miss my 6 plus. loving the smaller screen and one hand use.

19. hutrebug macrumors regular

Or short stubby fingers i.e. not conducive for playing the piano. Some people are born that way. :eek:

20. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

I stayed with the 6s. I had the original Mini which is my reader and so treated myself to the Mini 4 which is gorgeous!!! Don't need a larger phone, love the size of the 6s.

21. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Subjective.

22. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

The biggest reason I ordered the 6 was because I wanted to text and type one handed. Or at least that's what I thought. But after using the phone I realized how often I texted with two hands and how much faster that was anyway. So I upgraded to the plus.

23. ljusmc macrumors member

I'm going from the 5s to the 6s +

Figured why not

24. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Something folks didn't like about their previous iPhone's size/features etc. so they made a switch, the grass is always greener until it isn't. :)

25. mobutt macrumors 6502

Completely agree with the 5.0, 5.1 sentiment.