Surprised to see no re-sell posts...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andyACEcandy, Sep 11, 2014.

1. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

Or are we not allowed to talk about re-selling?

With all this pre-order talk, I'm assuming some of you are going to try and buy as many as you can... and then when the market is scarce/sold out, you'll re-sell the $600-$800 phone on Craigslist/eBay for probably $1200-$1500.

I know this is frowned upon, so I guess that's why no one's posting about it?

2. MacFriedRice macrumors member

Which iphone do you think will have the highest demand?

I am thinking Gold iphone 6+ 64GB.

3. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't rule out the general population who would be just fine with 16gb...

I think it'll be a lot easier to resell the iPhone 6 base 16gb gold to the general public on Craigslist, but you're probably right... 6+ with 64gb in gold will probably be in most demand. Assuming the shortages of gold from previous years.

4. MacFriedRice macrumors member

It is amazing though people will go for the 16gb still(I couldn't use it). And they will be buying that model in droves.

I think the Plus model will be higher in demand. What do you think?

iPhone 6 or iPhone 6+
    16gb or 64gb?
    Color?

For resell purposes.

5. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

The Plus should be in higher demand due to the better battery life and 1080p display.

Personally, from my experiences on Craigslist, it's really easy to sell the base 16gb models. Most people just want an iPhone and if they can save $100 by getting only 16gb.. even if it's a re-sell, they'll jump on it.

So I'm gonna say Gold iPhone 6+ with 16gb

6. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

yeah high demand I will say 6+ 16gb gold. I'm going for 6+ 64gb gold

7. CEmajr macrumors 601

With Apple shipping over 10 million iPhones for September alone, I don't think the resale market will be as strong this year. I don't see these being sold for $1000-1500 like the Gold 5S was last year. The 5S was so constrained that they didn't even allow preorders.

8. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maybe. It also depends what kind of area you live in. :cool:

I wouldn't say you'd lose any money.. May not make as much as the gold 5s though. Worst case, you can just return any extras you have haha