surrent macbook, or new sub, macbook "air"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smithruls, Jan 12, 2008.

1. smithruls macrumors newbie

ive been reading these forums for a little while now, and reading posts in a certain thread made me think, would the new sub notebook be as good, or better than the current macbook? (in terms of processing, speed, etc.) somebody said that it might have a slower intel processor. i dont want a big bulky piece of junk, but i dont want something slow as heck either. i currently have a Dell, precision i think (M65), and it says something like "Centrino Duo" at the bottom. so my assumption is that any macbook would be faster than any Windows computer, other than the ones that cost $5,000 anyways. i was with my friend one day and we started using her macbook(only about 2 months old) and by the time it booted up and the desktop loaded, (including putting in her password at the log in screen) she was complaining about it taking forever (i guess having a macbook spoils you :D ) and i was thinking in my head that it takes 2 times as long just for me to get to the login screen on my laptop! so anyways, do you guys think it will be better than my current laptop?

ps. i think :apple: is the best thing to happen to technology since television was invented lol.

2. CF Fighter macrumors member

Well the rumors I've seen have put it at the same specs. I think the C2D processors will be Penryn though.

3. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

No one knows anything right now unfortunately. However the current batch of rumours peg the specs at being consumer-oriented. So that means that the processor would most likely still be a Centrino-Duo, probably around 2GHz and upwards, but no one knows really.

At most you'll be able to fit 4GB RAM in it, I can tell you that now, that's pretty much obvious. As for HDD/SSD sizes, whatever is the maximum that is available right now on the market, that's what you'll get.

If your looking for a laptop then the lowest spec'd MacBook would suit you fine right now, so wait a few more days, and think about what you'd do on it mostly, then ask after whatever is released, if you need more help deciding.