Surround Sound for Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by swadd1er, Jan 5, 2015.

1. swadd1er macrumors member

As a few of you will know, I recently purchased an external monitor to use instead of MacBook Pro's display. Since i'm running the MacBook in clamshell mode and the speakers built into the monitor aren't great, the quality is poor from both outputs. I'm looking into a surround sound system for my TV and have noticed you can connect devices to the surround sound system via Bluetooth/WiFi. Would I be able to connect my MacBook to the surround sound via Bluetooth/WiFi and if not, is there a way I could connect it up?

It looks like I will be able to, I just want to check before I make the purchase.
    This is the surround sound I have in mind for my TV: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/dvd-blu-ray-home-cinema/home-cinema-systems-sound-bars/panasonic-sc-btt405ebk-5-1-smart-3d-blu-ray-home-cinema-system-22094666-pdt.html#cat-0

Thanks again.

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Bluetooth is Bluetooth so yes.

As for WiFi, note that it requires an optional accessory and the only information I see states
    Wireless audio is only mentioned for NFC and Bluetooth.

Your best bet is to probably Google the manual and read up on it versus relying on a retailer's sales blurb.