Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

santos l halper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
Does anybody have any suggestions for good multi-camera surveillance system software and the ones to avoid? I have 6 analog cameras, and am also looking for a video capture card.

I am interested in Security Spy, a multi-camera system piece of software that looks interesting, but wondering if anybody has heard of/used it before.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gambuchi

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2003
Oregon
santos l halper said:
Does anybody have any suggestions for good multi-camera surveillance system software and the ones to avoid? I have 6 analog cameras, and am also looking for a video capture card.

I am interested in Security Spy, a multi-camera system piece of software that looks interesting, but wondering if anybody has heard of/used it before.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Check out April '04 Macworld... article starts on page 74 and should really be a great help to you. :p

briankonar

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2004
how would i setup...

I'm curious what hardware I would need to setup a security camera rig.

I have a 933 Mhz G4, 512 Ram
What would I need to input the video? PCI card? Firewire connectivity? Any suggestions are appreciated, links would be great.

encro

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2002
bendigo.victoria.au
briankonar said:
I'm curious what hardware I would need to setup a security camera rig.

You could use USB Webcams or a FireWire based iSight. ...or a DV Cam or TCP/IP based security cam or even an old Analog with a PCI/FireWire Interface.

Many options, go crazy, buy camera's and purchase a licence for the software and then you are almost done :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.