Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justin Cymbal

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2008
Boston, Massachusetts
and so... how do you feel about sticking to the lightning port?..
I would like to see Apple continue to include the lightning port as I tend to use lightning headphones quite often for two reasons: you don’t need to worry about re-charging them and also lightning headphones tend to sound better than wireless ones.

I also like to use my phone while it’s plugged in and there’s no way to do that with wireless charging.

Reactions: alexandr

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
I would like to see Apple continue to include the lightning port as I tend to use lightning headphones quite often for two reasons: you don’t need to worry about re-charging them and also lightning headphones tend to sound better than wireless ones.

I also like to use my phone while it’s plugged in and there’s no way to do that with wireless charging.
we have a match! but personally i love the quality of airpods(sound included). all a matter of preference, of course!

Reactions: Justin Cymbal

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I'm blue, da ba dee da ba da ...

I like Apple blues. Be it Bondi Blue, the iPhone Pro's pacific blue, the iMac's blue..
Oh man, my son turned me onto that song a couple months ago and now I can’t stop listening to it lol.

I have a girlfriend, and she is so blue…

I’m surprised the color purple wasn’t listed in the OP. Seems to have been a popular enough color that Apple brought it back to the iPhone 12 line. Wonder if people were opting for purple iPhone 11s instead of a 12 and that drove Apple’s decision?

Reactions: macintoshmac

Td1970

Suspended
Jan 29, 2021
I'm not sure if I will buy airtags. They look so small and I don't see a reason to get them, other than maybe putting them on the Keys. I wish I can put airtags on my glasses, which I seem to lose more than keys, but that would look a little weird.

As for the color, when I bought the XR a few years ago, I really wanted the Blue. Blue has always been my favorite color and it just looks really nice. I think my next phone will also be Blue as well, whenever that will be.
Other than you keys. Which I have one on. They are kinda useless for me Can’t think of another use for them. Other than losing remote. Which I don’t do

jimbobb24

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2005
If this is true, if it has not happened already in the next few months Apple will have sold more AirTags then Tile. Insane.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
I still think Apple should have offered a Space Gray color for the new iMac. That would have sold in big numbers.
Or maybe even a matte black.

matte black imac.png

Bug-Creator

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2011
Germany
If this is true, if it has not happened already in the next few months Apple will have sold more AirTags then Tile. Insane.

And that surprises whom?

Tile and Co are cumbersome solutions for a non problem that noone knew about.

AirTags on the other side are not only better integrated but also hyped up (and still solve a non-problem). At the rather low price most of them are impulse buys.

jarman92

macrumors 65832
Nov 13, 2014
"In spite of the Liquid Retina XDR mini-LED display on the 12.9-inch model, 66 percent of respondents intend to buy the smaller 11-inch model"

yes! the 12.9" is huge and shame on Apple for not going OLED. mini LED is likely to have lots of issues. if Apple don't want to do OLED for some reason then they should have just skipped Mini LED and waited for Micro LED. i can't wait for the endless posts about display blooming on everyones new 12.9" iPad Pro.

got myself a 1TB 11" iPad Pro ordered and don't regret it.

Do you have any support at all for the statement that “mini LED is likely to have a lot of issues”? Because OLED actually does have a lot of issues, so vague, unsubstantiated claims of potential problems aren’t very persuasive.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Do you have any support at all for the statement that “mini LED is likely to have a lot of issues”? Because OLED actually does have a lot of issues, so vague, unsubstantiated claims of potential problems aren’t very persuasive.
I’d like to know what other mini-LED displays are currently available to regular customers. If nothing else than to check it out before my new iPad arrives.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Talking about colors, if the new MacBook comes in this same pastel colors, I will highly doubt between silver (pure aluminum) blue, green or orange. That’s the order of my preference by the way.

One fear I have about this colors is ending up getting tired of them, after a year or two, and I don’t think I’d get tired of the silver so I will probably end up getting that one. When it’s released on it’s second iteration with an M3 and most of the potential hardware flaws solved, that’s it.

Orson Farris

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2020
IMAC - $1499 (don't even bother with the $1299 model) is like $200-300 overpriced. USB-A? Nah. SD Card Reader? Nah. Ugly chin - Yep. Pay $1100 for a Mac Mini and Monitor, add $100 for keyboard/mouse, $50 for a webcam and you're set with a flexible setup and the bonus of having more ports.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.