Survey says... more people want Windows Tablets than iOS/Android!

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by TheSideshow, Oct 5, 2011.

1. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

:eek:

Here’s a new survey out from Boston Consulting Group, which says 42 percent of U.S. consumers would like to buy a tablet that runs Microsoft’s operating system. That makes it the most desired OS by a significant margin, trailed by Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android.

[​IMG]

BCG study isn’t an anomaly. Forrester conducted a poll earlier this year and got the same message, with an even starker gap between Microsoft and everyone else: “Only 9% of consumers considering buying a tablet actively prefer an Android tablet — compared with 16% who prefer iOS and 46% who prefer Windows.”

http://allthingsd.com/20111005/nevermind-the-iphone-5-wheres-my-windows-ipad/?mod=ATD_iphone

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Interesting news. However, I'm sure the survey won't acuratly represent the majority of the tablet market consumers or something like that.:rolleyes:

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I'd be willing to bet that it does. I know I would never touch an iPad, but I can't wait to get my hands on a Windows tablet. I'd even pay more than $600, while I feel like an iPad isn't worth much more than $300.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I just want AMD to get Bulldozer and Trinity out the door. :rolleyes:

5. bpaluzzi, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

bpaluzzi macrumors 6502a

bpaluzzi

You do know that Windows tablets have been around for over a decade, right? Nobody bought them then, and nobody will buy them in the future.

But hey, good luck with those stats!

6. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Precisely. Although those Windows tablets were obscenely expensive compared to laptops. If they could make a simpler device that ran in the iPad price range and size it could fair well. Although a big limiting factor is that the programs are not designed for touch input. Windows 8 can start to change that. But it will take many years until the majority of Windows programs are touch friendly.

7. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I sold my iPad and bought a Windows 7 based 11.6" Acer Netbook. To be honest, I'm a lot happier now.

8. zourtney macrumors newbie

Put me in that group. I want Win8 tabs with well-designed Metro UIs to take off.

...sent from my iPad :p

9. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

The hardware in old tablets made them crap. That was the main factor.

10. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Hmmm how many apps are available for Windows tablets vs. the ipad? Of course no one ever used the argument that you should get a PC rather than a Mac because there is more software available for it right? :rolleyes:

11. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I feel like I should point out that Windows tablets will run every program that a Windows PC will run, now. Plus the metro apps, and (rumored) WP7 apps. I wouldn't worry about the lack of apps ;)

12. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

There will be plenty. WP7 apps run on Windows

13. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

I think it will be great for consumers to be able to chose a Windows tablet along with iOS. I think that Windows will be able to get a toehold in the market and will put Android at a distant third. The average user is already familiar with Windows and it won't be a hard sell like Android seems to be for the masses thus far.

14. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Except for the ARM powered tablets..... ;)

15. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

And the software wasn't very well optimised for touch.