Suspect Bad Inverter, Seeking Second Opinion

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thepandaexpress, Dec 11, 2008.

1. thepandaexpress macrumors newbie

Hardware: white macbook circa 2006, just finished replacing HDD and cracked screen

Problem: Upon power up, the new screen turns on, then two seconds later it seemingly turns off. If I close the lid for a few seconds and then reopen it, the screen comes back on and then shuts off another two seconds later. If I close the lid and then open it slightly ajar, the same thing happens. This makes me think that the problem is not related to twisting/improperly positioned cables.

I tried booting from a Leopard DVD (no original Macbook restore discs on hand). Sometimes a ghosted image will appear if I do the open/close technique described above, and sometimes the screen will show activity without the backlight. Usually the image will become ghosted shortly after showing activity.

I have tried this with battery in, out, and battery power only to no avail.

I am suspecting that the inverter is junked, from what I have gleaned by reading these forums. Anyone want to offer their two cents?

Thanks in advance!

2. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Is it possible your screen isnt connected 100%? Just a guess.. Other than that i really dont know. Sorry