May 23, 2010
Farmington Hill

Attachments

Last edited:

Jesla

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2013
Tennessee USA
Based on the design and software animation on it.
I can 99% make sure this is the real iWatch that is going to debut on September 9th of this month.

See Attachment for detailed screenshot captured from the video link below.

http://you.video.sina.com.cn/api/sinawebApi/outplayrefer.php/vid=135583164_2_2_1_Zh7gSyA/DzPK+l1lHz2stqkM7KQNt6nnnynt71+iIQ9ZXAWGYIrfO4kK4SrTBcdB8GpJ/s.swf

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If that's it, count me out.....

I don't and never have worn watches and that thing is way to bulky to start
now.

Reactions: BrodieApple

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Ugly fake.

And the display's turning on animating without anyone touching it: Highly improbable battery-killer behavior.

Last edited:

lancelot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Farmington Hill
Nop dude....

Ugly fake.

And the display's turning on animating without anyone touching it: Highly improbable battery-killer behavior.
As presumed before, iWatch would have to connect an IOS device to use its calling like function. So I guess that turning on animation may be activated by a call or SMS :p

booyahbooyah

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2011
You've got to be kidding

Anyone who thinks that Jony Ive would ever put his name to anything that looks even close to this, has no clue what Apple or Jony are about.

Reactions: BrodieApple

lancelot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Farmington Hill
maybe you're right.

But if you watch the video, there's no call coming in.
Since We don't know what function a iWatch would carry. So I don't know what that is.
But It's really like an Apple style product, even though it's indeed bulky and kind of ugly in this video.

----------

Why is this in the alternatives to iOS section?
Cuz I didn't find iWatch Section... :(

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
Well, I can say this: No other smart watch on the market looks like that.

OceanView

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2005
Maybe this is the ladies version. A man would never be caught dead wearing this bracelet.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
I'm gonna say legit. Maybe because of the panic at the end of the video when a door is heard opening. Who knows!

Not sure what I think of it, or if it's one of a number of models or styles but it's different. Less like a blocky smart watch and more like a Rado bracelet. Kinda like it but the button looks rather large.

Same video all over Youku despite it being the middle of the night here.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzc0NjAyNDQ0.html

Last edited:

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Haven't seen the video yet but I find it hard to believe Apple would release something so hideous--doesn't fit with their design style.

If it is legit, my wallet (and thus my wife) will be happy because no way in hell I'll be buying one.

Black Magic

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2012
First of all, that looks hideous. Second of all, Apple has invited fashion oriented bloggers and folks to the keynote on Tuesday. This says a lot about what they are bringing to the table. The pics you showed aren't something that they would invite folks to see.