Suspicious Little Space (Iphone 4s)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IphoneRookieDenmark1, Oct 1, 2015.

1. IphoneRookieDenmark1 macrumors newbie

Hey everybody,

Let me preface this by saying that I'm very much a newb when it comes to smartphones when it comes to anthing beyond using Safari and the app store. Put another way, I don't know jack about maintaining it properly which might be the reason for my woes.

So basically, my issue is, that I keep getting this "storage almost used up" type message. The phone works... sort of... which is to say it has become incredibly cumbersome and slow to respond and will often pop out of an app (seems to happen mostly with facebook) and I will be on the "desktop" again and will need to reopen the app.

So anyway, back to the storage issue. It's weird, when I open up settings and go to the 'usage' bit where I can see how much memory all the apps I have are taking up it comes to nowhere near the amount of space that is taken up. I don't know what is taking up all this space.

I've tried clearing out cookies and search history and that frees up a little space but nothing worth mentioning.

Weirder still is, that at one stage I moved all my photos from my Iphone to my computer and then proceeded to delete all those photos from my Iphone. I had like 200'ish photos and assumed it would free up a bunch of space. It freed up some, but the next day when I opened up my camera to take a picture I got the usual "there isn't enough free space to save a photo" message and I again am stuck with next to no free space.

I'm a bit at a loss. Can anybody help out?

2. bambooshots macrumors 65816

I wonder if this is a issue with iOS 9.

I have 2.2GB left in my 64GB Plus and last night I got a "storage space is running low" message.

Odd.

3. IphoneRookieDenmark1 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

If you have very few apps and no media on it, how about wiping it out and setting it up as a new phone? How much storage is on it? What version of iOS?

And what do you use the "app store" for, besides downloading apps?

C