Suzuki bandit

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, May 24, 2009.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Anyone have any opinions on this bike?

here is the ad

Seems pretty good. Should I be worried it being 11 years old? Looks like its been taken care of and low miles

they are asking 2650. Is that a good price?

here are the photos that accompanied it
    I so badly want a bike this summer and this looks like a good deal and pretty. Only drawback in the bannana seat but whatever lol

Attached Files:

2. 11800506 macrumors 65816

When I first read the title I thought this was some news article about a bandit who was stealing Suzukis. Haha lol

3. jakepolo macrumors member

I thought it was about someone stealing Suzukis too.

4. Berlepsch macrumors 6502

Berlepsch

I noticed that there are no pics from the left side, although the seller mentions that the tank is damaged. Also, the front fender looks strange - I'd expect it to be painted like the tank. My suspicion is that the bike was dropped on the left side at some point in the past.

If it's not too far for you, you should probably have a look yourself - look out for scratches at exposed places, brake disk, fork movement, wheel alignment and stuff like that.

I can not say much about the price because I am not living in the US, but ~ $ 2500 is what I would expect for such a bike in good condition.

5. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Not my cup of tea but they are very good bikes. There is some useful info here rinky dink link.

I say offer £2,500 for it if you are serious.

Oh and no problems with it being 11 years old. I bought a Kawasaki 550 Zephyr last year for £700 which was 18 years old and never had any trouble with it whatsoever. As long as it's in reasonable nick then it'll be fine.

Have you decided?

6. Queso macrumors G4

I never liked the seating position on the Bandit. It felt too much like riding a big-engined scooter, however that might just be down to my stupidly long spine in relation to length of legs.

Bandits as a rule are OK, but as Berlepsch says make sure you look at this one with very critical eyes, and if you have any doubts walk away.

7. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

It's aight dude, however might I suggest you get yourself a Honda CBR 1000rr; artic White trim w/ a yoshi pipe, power commander, and fender kit. :rolleyes:
    ....::SWOON::.....

Attached Files:

8. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Well if we're giving alternative recommendations then I have to chip in with a Triumph Bonneville Scrambler with performance exhausts ;)

Not that it's mine or anything.

[​IMG]

9. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

well i didnt end up getting it. was in good shape though, even the left side. fairing cracking in the front and back but its evident it hasnt been downed. was in good shape. however i decided it was too much bike for me

my options now are

650r
    sv650s
    fz6
    fz6r

the fz6 might be in a slightly higher class than the rest

any thoughts?