SVN Software? iDisk? Can I use "Versions"?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JosephDuffy, Sep 17, 2009.

1. JosephDuffy macrumors regular

Hey,
    Every time I do some homework, I forget to print/upload it, so I thought "I've got an iDisk, why not use that?". So I did a Google, and found "Versions", it confused me.
    Is there any other way, any other software, or a way of you telling me how to use "Versions" to automatically upload/update an entire FOLDER, and the files inside?
    Please no "Just remember" ;) The point is I can't :(
    Thanks
    Joseph Duffy

2. skunkworker macrumors regular

if you are wanting to upload to an idisk, you can just mount it through the finder or use a utility like Cyberduck. Versions is a mac Subversion client, and probably not suited for what you want to do.

3. JosephDuffy thread starter macrumors regular

But that won't automaticly upload a file in say my "Documents" folder, if I were to edit or create a file? I've used Cyberduck for FTP, but didn't like it, I need something a bit like Tortoise SVN for Windows.
    Thanks
    JosephDuffy

4. skunkworker macrumors regular

So somehow you need something to scan your folder and sync the changes?

5. JosephDuffy thread starter macrumors regular

I know it's asking for alot, but I've got a fairly powerful Mac, so I don't mind background constant stuff, even if it scanned every 5 mins. If Tortuous SVN can check servers, why can't a Mac one check local folders?
    I use my Laptop offline a bit, and need it to updated online when I get back, I may have 10/15 files being changes offline, all in different sub-folders, it's getting hard :(
    Thanks
    Joseph Duffy

6. skunkworker macrumors regular

Cyberduck does have a synchronize command, and you might get lucky hooking that up to a crontab with an applescript. But in reality I dont know of any tools of the top of my head that can do that.

7. JosephDuffy thread starter macrumors regular

I'll have a shot at it, thanks for the help. Do you know if CyberDuck has an "Addon" type thing? So I could release one ;)
    Thanks again
    Joseph Duffy
    P.s If anyone else might know one, please, still feel free to post :)